For any queries, feedback, suggestions or for any assistance required, please reach out to Latika Arora at firstname.lastname@example.org
CFO Genie, one of the various forums under the umbrella of CXO Genie LLP, is a network of more
than 1000 CFOs who have come together with the common objective of solving any given problem
within 15 minutes. For more details, visit us at www.cfogenie.com
Besides the primary objective of solving real life problems being faced by CFOs, the other
objective is networking with fellow CFO members in India as well as with members based in Middle
East, Southeast Asia, Europe, USA, and East Africa. The nature of queries range from request for
sharing contacts of experts, seek advice on financial/business aspects, to ask for recommendations
of consultants, open jobs, candidates etc.
However, we do not allow sharing Forwards, Jokes, Images, Greetings & wishing on birthdays,
anniversaries, festivals, National holidays, political opinions, etc. This helps us maintain focus on
providing solutions to problems on the forum. In case a member feels strongly about sharing any
forward, the member must donate 200 points for each such share. Members are however, allowed
to share their personal achievements on the group. Example: CFO award etc. We encourage members
to congratulate or welcome members on a 1:1 basis only, thereby connecting with them on a personal
If you would like to share any important document/report which will add value to the members on
the group, we request you to share it with Forum Anchor 1:1. We would be happy to publish it on
CXOverse or Forum Website where this document will be available to view to all the members.
This Forum is a closed group and is strictly on invite or referral basis. In case of referral, it must be by the existing member who is personally known to the prospective member. The intention is to have like-minded people on the group, who are willing to either benefit from the group or contribute to it. The decision to provide membership to the group solely rests with the CXO Genie management team.
Anyone who has served in the capacity of a CFO, in any tenure of his or her professional journey, is eligible to be a member. CFO role is not restricted to the type of company or industry. It can be a listed company or a start-up or a private limited.
Membership can be subscribed to as an individual or sponsored by your corporate/company depending upon the subscription plan you decide to choose.
We focus on solving real life problems in real time and thus structured differently in following areas:
In our endeavor to achieve new heights and to continue to be the go-to platform for all CFO related challenges, CFO Genie is based on subscription-based model through which we intend to cover all operational costs such as People cost (In-house team and App Developers, travel etc.) and Infrastructure cost (Licenses, trademarks, compliance, Servers, SQL, Office space, Website etc.).
To gauge and experience the value of this platform we do provide the advantage through a trial membership which gives you an opportunity to have the real-time solutions and networking on the CXO Genie App. As a trial member, you are also entitled to other benefits including event
invitations, newsletters, webinars etc. Connect with other CFOs, learn, and solve any given query within 15 minutes on this peer-to peer networking platform.
CXO Genie App is a platform, that the forum uses to leverage the power of technology and enabling solutioning within 15 minutes (And by the way, we have built it with the belief that even Hiring a candidate should be a 15 mins thing!) where queries are posted, information is shared, new members are added. CXO Genie App is a very broad platform, and uses technology to streamline and organize the information, making the navigation completely effortless.
To download the App click here or scan the QR code
While the App packs in a lot of technology, below is the high-level set of top features and benefits:
A. Real-time Solutions: This App is built to enable group conversations that can handle thousands of members simultaneously (Vs say, WhatsApp that can handle only 256 members), and enable solution for any given problem with 15 minutes by leveraging more than 20000 years of relevant
cumulative experience. There is full traceability and history maintained for the solutions given.
B. Members’ Directory: With built-in phone numbers, mail IDs, ability to call, e-mail other members etc. now reaching any other CFO in the country is at your fingertips. Ability to filter is unique.
C. Talent Solutions: Access talent, apply filters, shortlist candidates, all at no additional charges. Whenever any member posts an open role on the platform, the App can automatically shortlist top 3 relevant candidates. With full access to mail IDs, phone numbers and resumes built into the platform, you will also receive an email with candidates’ details. The automated feature on the App gives you easy and hassle–free experience of hiring the best talent for the job within 15 minutes.
D. Pre-referred Candidates: CXO Genie is the only platform globally to have 100% of the candidates being pre-referred by other CFOs. During the hiring process you can reach out to the referrer and get feedback.
E. Access to Historical Solutions: When you join the App, you can access all historical discussions unlike WhatsApp where only future conversations are accessible.
F. Micro-learning Platform: The App serves as a micro-learning platform for CFOs across the spectrum with every new query or challenge posted by one CFO while being solved by others.
G. Cross Forum Expertise: Often as a functional Head you may have a query relating to another function. With this new and easy-to-use feature post such cross functional queries to other CXO Genie forums and get them resolved in the quickest possible manner. For example, a CFO member can tag and post his query related to HR on CFO Forum directly. Our automated feature will pick your query, share it on HR Forum, and provide you with all the responses from the HR Forum members, all on a real-time basis.
In case, you would like to introduce a friend/ ex-colleague/ peer/ family, who fits the criteria, refer them through “Refer & Earn” section on the App and get rewards (Once you have spoken to the proposed member). This feature will allow you to refer a new member in no time and will also send an email and WhatsApp message to the referee. You can also send a mail/ message on WhatsApp to our team or the Forum Anchor. Please include Name, Designation, Company and Mobile number of your reference. We will then help onboard the person, giving them details of the group and features etc.
Since the membership to the forum is by Invite only (or by referral), we encourage members to refer other great CFOs they meet. To reward this, we have introduced exclusive Membership Referral Program for referring members.
The Amazon Referral Rewards:
Win Amazon Vouchers for referring a new member to the platform.
– On Trial Membership: When a peer you refer takes up trial membership, you win an Amazon voucher worth INR 1000.
– On Member Subscription: Post trial when the referred member chooses to take up a paid membership with our platform, the referring member gets an Amazon voucher worth INR 1000.
There are multiple events where members meet through in-person and virtual meets. Browse through our signature events below:
• Mastermind Series: We organize this annual event at various locations in India including Delhi/NCR, Mumbai and Bengaluru. This summit brings together leaders from different disciplines to share their ideas and expertise. The Talks and interactive sessions range from leadership journeys that ignite the spark in you, to technical panel discussions on relevant focus areas and current business themes.
• Rejuvenate Series: This 3-day across forums national event (with family) unites our members for a host of networking and collaboration opportunities. The event provides the delegates with an avenue to interact with their peers, learn from some of the best presenters and speakers, and share ideas and best practices with thought leaders – all in a relaxed and cohesive environment, designed for a truly rejuvenating experience.
• CXO Genie Connects: These get-togethers are arranged in multiple cities across the country and internationally namely Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Singapore & Dubai to engage all our members residing at different geographies. These connects are a great chance for members to catch-up on all the happenings with fellow Genies, as well as keep themselves updated with sessions on topical business-related issues and challenges.
• MasterClass Series: It is a series of weekly webinars by industry experts on the most discussed topics across forums on the CXO Genie platform.
• Ignite Series: In this series, we host motivational and iconic speakers who share their insights on topical issues and inspire the audience to take meaningful action in the right direction.
• MasterConnects: These are forum specific virtual connects where members discuss challenges and strategies related to their functional roles.
Members can join events by simply registering through “Events Calendar” on the App. Get a complete list of upcoming events’ schedule and their registration details in this section. Find the Calendar Icon on the top right section of your Discussion Forum tab on the App or in the settings tab. Visit us at www.cfogenie.com or follow our LinkedIn/Facebook page for regular updates on events. You will also get regular updates of upcoming events via email invitations and calendar invites from our team.
You can browse all CXO Genie webinars via an exclusive feature “CXOverse”. To know more visit www.cfogenie.com
You may use the accumulated points to pay at the time of CXO Genie networking events, membership renewals or other paid services. Each point is worth INR 10/-.
• Refer a candidate on App: You can simply generate a link and send to the candidate, by pressing “+” button in the “Candidates” section of the App. This link can be shared via your preferred mode of communication (email, WhatsApp, SMS, etc.).
• Once your referred candidate has uploaded her/his details, the App has the ability to suggest top 3 most suitable jobs from available vacancies. You can then speak to the CFO who has posted the role and connect the candidate to her/him.
• The validity of a candidate’s profile is for 6 months from date of posting. Post which, the referrer shall get a notification, asking whether to close the candidature or continue maintaining the same online.
If you have a vacancy in your team, you can view a comprehensive list of candidates on the App who are looking for a suitable opportunity, recommended by fellow CFO members. When you click on any particular name in the list, you will be able to see a snapshot of the individual’s career path. The App also provides access to their LinkedIn profile, as well as their uploaded resume for detailed information.
You can contact the suitable candidate directly via mail or phone number available on the App. Do give them the name of the referrer, as it appears in the database. You may also reach out to the referrer for recommendations/feedback.
Any senior role (CTC > INR 80 Lakhs) is to be posted in the “Senior role” tab on the CXO Genie App. In this case, the referring member should provide the contact details (Name, Email, and Phone number) for the respective role on the Job posting itself. The referring member is awarded 100 points.
The member seeking the role gets details from Admin and can call the relevant contact by referring the name of the member who provided the contact details. However, access to this facility is available only to paid members as part of the annual subscription.
• Job posting on App: If you want to post a job (all vacancies with CTC < INR 80 Lakhs), go to the “Jobs” tab on the App, click on the ‘+’ sign, which will then open a form to fill in the details. Once you are done with filling the form, you can view the same on the App. Basis the information shared by you, the App matches key criteria to suggest top 3 candidates suitable to this vacancy, which can be viewed right next to the job details. You can also mark reviewed candidates as “interviewed, “offered or “hired” in “Hiring Status” on the App and you will also be awarded points on marking the progress.
• Suggested candidates are automatically firmed up. You can still click on the refer tab if you want to suggest your candidate from the database.
• The job posted is valid for 3 months, post which you will get a notification, asking whether you would like to close the vacancy online or continue maintaining it for next 3 months.
• There are no restrictions in broadcasting the job details on the WhatsApp forum and seek CVs 1:1. However, the database of Candidates is available only to members using the CXO Genie App as this is now an automated process.
We have a zero-sum game. People posting queries or asking for vendor details 40 points are deducted. The 30 points are distributed among those who respond, while the admin gets 10 points for every query solved for managing the group operations.
– For posting openings of CFOs or Senior Finance positions with CTC >80 Lacs, 100 points each are awarded to the referring member.
– For sharing CVs/posting other jobs, 10 points each are awarded.
– Minimum points per query is 40 points. The Admin takes care of the point system, which is an automated process on the App.
For example: If a member asks for consultant reference, who provides services in tax registration in various states, 40 points are deducted from the member asking the query, 10 points are added to Admin’s kitty, remaining 30 points are distributed amongst members who respond.
We do not encourage using the platform for marketing or commercial purposes, unless any member query is specifically related to services provided by your company. In any case, if you do wish to advertise (only for the company you work for), then we allow the same on donation of 200 points to admin’s kitty.
Members enjoy the freedom to initiate & drive discussions. However, we strongly recommend not to seek confidential company information or share on the forum. CFO Genie members/ admin does not take the onus of maintaining non-disclosure of the same.
In early 2017, a couple of our members suffered sudden personal tragedies, in the form of loss of a loved one. Post which they were running pillar to post, to get the transfer of title and other legal and financial procedures in order. They reached out to CFO Genie, and our members went beyond their professional capacity to accommodate our fellow members in these times of crises.
Following this incident, we set up a SPF (Secure & Protect your Family) Challenge, to coax our members to record their legal and financial details and share them with their family.
We provided them with guidance on how to go about it, as well as a support team was set in place to which one could reach out for advice or ask their queries with respect to how to write a WILL, is the family adequately covered financially and other aspects.
This is a support initiative where one can register at any given point in time. Most importantly we do not solicit or hold in our custody any of your personal legal and/or financial details.
The various other forums include Chief Human Resource Officers (CHRO Genie), Chief Supply Chain officers (CSCO Genie), Chief Marketing Officers (CMO Genie), and Founders Genie for entrepreneurs. All these forums are anchored by Industry Veterans in their specific fields. CXO Genie also runs its own UGC certified MBA program, Member emergency support program etc.
Other initiatives are:
MBA Program: CFO Genie has launched MBA Finance, in collaboration with Chitkara University (Chandigarh), with efforts being spearheaded by one of our members Aman Chugh. The Curriculum for this MBA has been exclusively conceptualized largely by CFOs on this group. The Program provides specialization in Investment Banking, Corporate Finance and Treasury Management, encompassing close to 24 subjects to be taught in a rigorous training schedule of 8 months It is an effort of like-minded individuals to give back to the society in the form of education and mentorship.
CFO Genie members can volunteer to be a part of this program, either as an advisor on the Subject Matter Experts Committee (SMEC), or as a mentor on the specialization-based Training Mentors Committee (TMC) or both.
Saarthi Mentorship Program: Using your experience in the right way, CXO Genie offers an unparalleled opportunity to become a mentor for new-age CFOs and start-ups. It is curated to help mentees bring out their best and work towards their business goals under the mentorship of experienced professionals and industry veterans.
To join this program, follow these simple steps on the CXO GenieApp and start your journey as a Mentor.
The best way to support the forum is through active participation. This forum is a closed group and has limited media presence. The platform has grown only with word of mouth from the existing members, and it is not available publicly. We would therefore highly encourage the members to continue to refer great CFOs and open CFO roles back into the platform.